Lil' P's entourage has returned to just 2, me and JP. Finally.
We've had seven weeks nearly straight of visitors. Broken up by a couple of days inbetween the three groupings.
First was my sister and mother in law. I will only say that passive aggressive runs DEEP in the British culture whichever country within that Empire you come from. Give me American bluntness any day of the week thank you very much.
I chalk it up to an older generation, culture and the usual a girl will never measure up to what a mother thinks her son deserves. I hope I don't turn out like that when Lil P is all grown up. I just couldn't catch a break. It was a bit more in check when my sister in law was around and that's about it.
The guys came next and that was the usual where in everyone else has a blast and I end up stuck doing their laundry. Even after saying I flat out wouldn't do it, that I was more than happy to show people how to use the machine.
Then mother in law returned again to stay on her own. With no buffer at all and JP taking zero days of vacation. So the jabs got worse where in by the end she was making comments about what I eat. There was a great deal of biting of my tongue but it was close a few times.
But I also know where JP gets the attitude of drop everything and take care of what I need regardless of what you may be smack in the middle of.
*sigh*
I don't think my MIL dislikes me, I just think I'm not really considered family to her and will always be treated at arms length.
She left yesterday just before the weather started to turn with that tropical storm growing stronger in the gulf. I felt bad as she was a bit panicked by the weather and I tried to reassure her the storm is/was waaay far out but like JP she doesn't listen and just fretted all morning long.
Acutually as I type this she should be nearing her destination as she should have left LA just about 12hrs ago or a bit more. She'll be happy to be home and get back to a routine.
Today hasn't gone as planned because Lil P woke up crazy early at 5am. After two weeks of sleeping 12hours. We are thinking he needs his bottle upped a tad and he took the increase today no problemo. Here's hoping he sleeps better tonight.
Tomorrow the therapist comes for his torticollis. Because of certain visitors I haven't been able to work with Lil P the way I really wanted to. I'm afraid that really means a corrective helmet is coming. I was hoping to avoid it, but the flattening hasn't improved if anything it's worse because I couldn't be as aggressive with his tummy time as I wanted to be. I always had a certain someone looming over my shoulder telling me he's to tired, doesn't like it, or I'll take him. Grrr! The best I had were those 10 days in the middle... not good.
The thought of the helmet just makes me burst into tears because I feel like I failed Lil P some how. I'm just heart broken over it.
1 comment:
I somehow found my way back to blogspot. So much better than facebook with all the stupid comments. I am so sorry you are feeling all these things right now. I KNOW how hard it must be having the MIL there with just you and the baby. That would be hard on anyone. Things are just soooo different when it comes to other families. I would be pulling my hair out and we don't even have a child. :) My Aunt-in-law would drive me NUTS! And the comments and jabs... I think you are right, the older generation and just familial differences. You so won't be that way though. oh and Lil' P will be fine!!!
Post a Comment