Thursday, April 15, 2010

4 Weeks tomorrow...

Another week has flown by, four bottles at a time.

This has been an interesting week with Sam. I'm guessing he went or is going through a growth spurt. He was eating a lot and very regular and then suddenly on Tuesday he went back to being a sleepy head and doesn't always finish the amount in the bottle. He'll take any where from 2 1/2 to the full 4... typically it's 3 or 3 1/2 oz... when he goes below that he'll wake up after 2 1/2 hours demanding to be feed... when he's at least 3 oz then he'll sleep longer unless it's the time he wants to be awake.

All I can do is make the food available... but I guess this is what the doc meant about when he said Sam would be controling the food intake even with formula.

I went out to lunch on Tuesday and that was the last time out. Yesterday I wanted to stay in to give Sam a break and today it's been the weather.

Tomorrow if my friend calls in the morning I'm going to take the car for an oil change while she watches the little guy. We'll see if she really does call as she tends to forget.

JP is doing a bit better... but really I wish I didn't have to ask him to do every little thing for Sam. Why doesn't he ever say "I want to give him his bath..." or "I want the next feeding.."

*SIGH*

No comments: