Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fake it to Make it...

Some days are easier going than others that's for sure...

The weekends have been the hardest as JP has some difficulty understanding the limitations of a little newborn.

Right now I'm just following Sam's own "Feeding Schedule." Feeding him on demand wasn't working his first work because he was a very sleepy baby and sleeping longer than the doctors in the hospital said he should. I think too, since he's on the bottle feeding on demand might not work as well as it would if he was still being breastfeed.

So basically I feed the little guy every three hours or so. I'm sure he'll change up his schedule again in the coming weeks. I just try and pay attention to him and his cues. I do know the "I have gas!" cry, "I have a poopy diaper!" and of course "Oh why haven't you feed me yet!?" (which usually comes when he jumps himself a half hour early.

I can say I am not finding dealing with Sam overwhelming at this point. I have my plan of attack and keep to a prep of four bottles schedule. It's more dealing with JP that I find difficult and stressful. I find his ideas of how "newborns are" to be way out of left field. I'm also shocked how difficult it is to get him to understand me. Thank God I can always call my Sis and my Mom.

I've been watching W. during my breaks. Very intersting take on the administration, and probably the first Oliver Stone movie I've enjoyed watching. I'm not up on politics but man the back room scenes of the various dealings are just disturbing and amusing at the same time. Plus whoever is playing Condalezza just cracks me up... that woman annoyed the crap outta me.

1 comment:

Margie said...

3 hour feedings is about normal. When I had mine on a feeding schedule, I fed them every 2.5 to 3 hours. Then when they were older and I switched to formula it was 8 oz every 4 hours. Doing good Mama!