Sunday, August 15, 2010

Seems like everyone is gone...

There have been good days and bad days... and good hours and bad hours.

On the good side. Slowly, Lil' P's torticollis continues to improve but he dislikes everything he has to do to make it better. Plus, that little guy doesn't seem to like much of anything except being flat on his back and on the flatter side of his head! Excersauser, not much. Jumper... I will NOT JUMP in this! I will chew on it. Swing... NEVER! Tummy time... I will chunk up everything I've ever eaten until you PICK ME UP (or give up rolling me back). Yep he's very decided.

Bad side, my wrists and elbows are killing me. I thought it was just carpal tunnel acting up again but evidently it's the back of the hand not the inside of the wrist where the problem is. It's the tendon that's back there that's like around the thumb or something like that... anyway it's all kinds of unhappy and I can't find my splits from when the carpal tunnel got really bad a few years back. On the bright side the palative care is the same so splints at night and tylenol when it gets bad and it should lessen. Surgery is not what I'm looking for so hopefully I can hold that off again.

So yeah... I've been kicking around the idea of joining a "mommy" group but having a hard time navagaiting all of it. The groups out here all seem very... I dunno... like one of them they have to interview you... and that just seems odd. I'm not good with people so that one is right out I would never pass the interview and I really don't want to join one that seems to want to be exclusive. So yeah... that's all on hold which doesn't help the loneliness that sets in. I've looked for a MOPS group and there are a bunch of those and they seem to be based on which neighborhood you're in and most seem to meet in local churches but a good number have member limits... so maybe it's best to just wait for school to start and see if the ranks thin out as people get busy.

We leave for California in a few weeks. I've asked JP if I can get a massage at the hotel in Monterey since it has a spa. Need to book that this week to make sure I get what I want. Too often at those places all the massage time gets booked and all you can get is a facial or mani/pedi.

Still worried about traveling. Not so much about Lil' P... he's gonna do what he's gonna do I can just be prepared with food, toys, clothing, etc... it's the other people on the plane that you don't know what they'll do that worries me. Not that it should... that same personality type that's gonna be rude or down right nasty because you have a kid is gonna be an inflammed a-hole no matter what because that's just how they are. It's just seems like society as a whole has no idea of proportion, no patience for anyone else, and this very wierd idea that NOTHING EVERY CAN INFRINGE ON THEM or you're disrespecting them or some how ruining their trip/day/life. Oh yes, we've had people move tables at freakin' SALT GRASS because Sam was babbeling on and being passed back and forth between me and JP. Hey, I'm all for people choosing to be child-free and that's great if that's how you want to live your life but don't go into a place like Salt Grass (or a public plane, a mall etc) and except no kids and if there are kids that they are gonna be silent. If I was at a posh steak house like Brennar's or a high end boutique well then yes I'm at fault for taking a baby there but public none posh places you'll have to deal. At the same time... you have to try and sooth your kid or teach them (when they're older) how to act in public. One lady made her daughter apologize for cutting infront of me at Gymboree the other week... kid was 3 and it was sweet because she really meant it and the mom made a point of manners being important.

HEY! That could be the next thing airlines charge for... baby-free flights HA!

No comments: