Valentine's Day is not a big day for us...
JP lost his father on Valentine's Day and my history with the day is just the usual getting dumped in college on V-Day type dealings. Even in my twenties the first time I was dating a guy and we were still seeing each other come Valentine's Day... I was historically sick. I had bronchitius and sinusitus at the same time (for the first time) and was pretty delirious during that day.
Really, even when I started dating JP I wasn't thrilled about celebrating the day and when he told me why he's not keen on it well... the "holiday" was flattened even more.
Only three awesome things can be said about the day for me:
1) It's my niece's birthday.
2) The memory of those huge, bright pink & glittery cards my Dad gave me up until my first Valentine's day dating JP. I wish I saved more of them.
3) Plus this hilarious card my Mom gave me one year after I was stood up by a guy... which was just prior to me meeting JP (and really if he hadn't of stood me up I wouldn't have been all, "Boys suck I don't need 'em I'm gonna start going to the coffee shop on my own who needs a partner to do anything kick.") But it was a hilarious card with a puffed out ham-ham holding a little heart.
Pretty much the rest is annoying. Restaurant's triple their prices and/or limit their menu. Even the drafthouse is doing something weird... hopefully it's just with the chickflick movies their showing and not all of them... JP's willing, finally to go see The International with me. Since it stars my movie-boyfriend he wasn't too keen.
Nothing terribly exciting going on. going to sushi HH today which is always fun. Need a bit of Hot Geisha after this week. HA! I think we're trying a Crawfish HH on President's Day. Yeah... my happy hours are about food. D'oh!
No comments:
Post a Comment