Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"I've got soul but I'm not a soldier..."

Been a while... didn't want to keep the worrying about the layoffs going on and surprise surprise I don't have much else going on in my life. Sad, no?

Anyway... Crossed another Oscar movie off my list, went to see The Wrestler on Friday. Excellent movie. It's a sober film but not a total downer. Really brings home how hard change is, and people in your life letting you change. I'm going to see The Reader on Thursday and I'm not sure if I'll get to catch Doubt. So far though... I really think Slumdog should win best picture.

Monday night was The Killers concert. Excellent show. The lead singer doesn't have any banter and he even made a comment about it. But the music was awesome. Even the opening group was good. I booked us a room at Club Quarters, smallest hotel room ever! so we didn't have to waste an hour driving all the way back to Katy with work in the morning. Learned how great that is after Coldplay. It was in walking distance so even better. Will totally do that again. Strange little hotel but clean and comfortable so you can't ask for more.

Yesterday I was pretty tired by the end of the day so I took it easy. Means tonights workout is gonna hurt. I got the two new Jillian Michael's DVDs. The workouts are nearly a full hour so I'm gonna probably have to mix it up with my Shredd DVD for the days I don't have the time.

Sleepy... it was super difficult to get out of bed this morning. Even the girls wouldn't wake up.

Long week... and Rodeo Kick-off dinner is Friday. oh fun.

No comments: