Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Of books and hand sanitizer...

Well, I ordered two books from Amazon and they should be here today. I went with Prodigal Summer and Bound. Reading the description of Water for Elephants I knew I'd be bawling on the plane or grinding my teeth so I opted to save that one for later.

I didn't realize Prodigal Summer was by the same writer as The Poisonwood Bible so hey there ya go. And Bound is the new historical fiction from the writer of The Widow's War... it's a semi-sequel so yeah.

If I get to meet up with Olga before I leave she's going to loan me Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. She claims she laughed all the way through and she loves Austin as much as I do so I'm hoping it's my kind of funny.

I also bought my travel size stuff to take on the plane, and I found a pump spray hand sanitizer at Target. Score. I do tend to have an awesome immune system, but I just find airplane toilets beyond nasty (and I worked in a movie theater for a couple of years) so it's more to cover that gross out factor. My last time on Quantas they were above and beyond the best Continental plane I've been on so I'm hoping its more like that trip... but just in case.

I also picked up a new pair of workout/loungy pants and I plan on changing into them for the long flight, and yes I'm even gonna pack my house slippers... my older pair not the nice ones Mary gave me. I will be comfortable! Talked JP into getting two aisle seats, I'll sit behind him so we both can easily walk around too... last time my feet swelled for a bit and that wasn't fun.

Mary wasn't happy we wouldn't be sitting right next to each other, which made me laugh.

So what I have left to do it buy some snackies. I thought, to try and avoid some travel discomfort I typically have, I would take fruit to eat at the LAX airport before the flight, so I don't get in trouble for accidently having foreign fruit in Oz, and then see if I can find those smaller bags of like wheat thins and goldfish crackers for the flight itself. Last time they gave out like high fat granola and candy bars... not what I'm really wanting to eat ya know.

I also broke down and bought season 5 of LOST for my iPod. It comes out too late on Netflix for me to watch the last season on TV so I justified it as it only cost me $35... and I'll have something that really grabs me. I want to watch the last season on time and maybe Olga and I can catch a free showing at the Drafthouse at some point. Those always look like a blast.

And before I forget, STEVE INSKEEP is in Houston!!! *Swoon* NPR is doing a week long report on Houston and it's massive growth etc. Today he was out reporting at the construction point on Beltway 8. I believe he's supposed to take one of those bayou boat tours and of course he's going to The Breakfast Klub. HA!

2 comments:

Phurphenfivel Enterprises said...

Yay!! I LOVED Prodigal Summer and I hope you will too. I think I need to read it again to soak up the loveliness of it...

The Ecomaker said...

I'm silly because I just figured out how to comment after reading along in your life adventures for so long. :) *hugs* I haven't read much at all. I need to start again. Just where to start is the problem.I hope you enjoy your new books. I miss you tons :)