For some time now the three decanters of the office coffee have been spotty. Some times they leak, if they aren't under the drip just so nothing goes in... etc.
Multiple times, I a non-coffee drinker, have cleaned up or helped to clean up the messes as it goes everywhere and it's the "Floor's" kitchen so yeah, it's what a grown up should do.
Now... since the steady trickle of Land Negotiators have come to our floor (they are all men) there is more turn around in the coffee consumption and therefore more chances for a mishap.
Today I broke.
I walk into the kitchen to make my morning peppermint tea and it's about 8am. I am following my friend Theresa. We walk in to find a Land Negotiator filling up his coffee mug and telling us about the mess and laughing as we are left cleaning it up. Can you say WANKER. Can you say LOSER. Can you say ASSHAT. Yes the man witnessed the overflow and walked away from the mess with a merry heart that the women folk were cleaning up the mess for him so he could get back to that important work of our land negotiators... like drilling wells for other companies and causing lawsuits.
AND... while we were cleaning up another Land Negotiator came in and was just standing behind us waiting for a us to start a fresh pot of coffee since the last pot was all over the counter. I admit it, I glared at him over my shoulder and told he we were going to be a while... and we did NOT make a fresh pot. (There was no way of knowing which decanter was jacked up as they were empty)
It's not the first time this has happened either... it's just the last time it's happening to me. If it's good enough for the menfolk to ignore it's good enough for me to ignore.
One guy actually had the NERVE to go into Laura's office and tell her that she needed to get someone in the kitchen to clean up the mess. Really I'm surprised she didn't rip his face off because she usually is a tasmanian devil about lesser such things... I'm assuming her lack of maiming was a result of shock.
Romona sent out a memo but I know these men won't change as I'm sure that their behavior at work reflects how they behave at home. I am lucky enough to live with a man who more than cleans up after himself. Typically he has to remind me to pick up a magazine or whatnot I've left on the sofa instead of putting in the basket. And never has he left a huge mess in the kitchen for me to clean. At worst he doesn't put away the clean dishes and likes to float the dirty dishes in super hot soapy water. I can totally live with that.
But I am done... done.done.DONE. with these messy men. If they are married and their wives let them get away with acting like that, SHAME ON THEM. We aren't talking coffee rings on the counter but standing liquid covering a communal area.
SHEESH!
There are lots of other incidents but I'm not hashing them all out it'll just piss me off more.
1 comment:
ugh...stupid men. I hate working with these bastards! I agree with you girl. And thank God for our lovely husbands. I think I would go mad without Pat. I am ready to chuck it all and work in women's health doing something just to stay the hell away from these stupid men...oy..but then I have stupid women to deal with...??? what to do...
by the way I need to meet up with you and get your bowl back to you!
Post a Comment