you are at a party or a dinner or any gathering of two or more and you sit there on your iPhone or Blackberry updating FB, Twitter, or just texting... you are being a RUDE and UNENGAGED INDIVIDUAL.
You are basically saying, "Though you are physically standing infront of me I can't be bothered to actually engage with you in society."
You are basically saying you have no skills at in the flesh social interaction.
More and more when I go out I'm seeing this or on the recieving end of it. Disgusting and RUDE.
I can understand if you are waiting for something from work, but set the thing to chime don't check it ever 5 seconds. Or if you have a baby sitter... again set it to chime and steady of constantly checking to see if you miss it. Set in on the table... you hear it chime or light up or whatever the heck it does.
ANd seriously don't talk to me on the side while you are messing on that thing. Obviously you are engaged in something much more important that conversation in real time.
2 comments:
this is what my creepy boss does all the time. in meetings, walking down the hall, at happy hours...etc...
It drives me nuts when people do this as well. Lots of people do it and think nothing of it. We have a generation of people who have no social skills.
Post a Comment