Today Sam has his four month doctor's appointment.
Not only will he be getting shots, but I'm assuming the doc will evaluate his little head regarding the flattening and a possible corrective helmet. I feel like such a failure that all of this is happening to Sam. He's such a good baby he doesn't need this put on him and I can't help but think I should have known this was coming and prevented it some how.
I haven't been up to much since everyone left. Just the usual daily routine with Sam and then the smattering of things with JP's friends.
We are planning a trip to California because we are insane. I like the line from Modern Family, "Honey, I'm a Mom. This isn't a vacation it's a business trip."
Sam will be just over 5 months when we go so I have a list of questions for the doc about what he thinks is best for food, sun protection etc. I'm already taking his electric bottle sterilizer since I have to take a two week case anyway. It's more about the water issue. Bottled baby water vs buying a hot pot to boil water or a camping sterilizer.
So that's about it. Aside from working with Sam on his neck muscle and trying to teach him that day time naps are great it's all pretty quiet here.
4 comments:
You are not a failure. This kind of thing happens and maybe he won't need a helmet. Either way better now than when he is older. Wish you guys were coming here instead of headed to California...
You are not a failure. This kind of thing just happens sometimes and maybe he won't need the helmet. Either way, better now than when he is older. Wish you were coming here instead of heading to California...
we didn't want to add to your stress with the house on the market. plus, we thought you were coming down at the end of the month when we decided to go ahead and book california... =(
You are soooo not a failure and your beautiful little boy is going to be fine. He will sail through this with flying colors. You, my dear, are an outstanding mommy.
Post a Comment