Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Office shenanigans... shenanigans I say!

There have been several creeping sorts of changes over the past couple of years here. Bit by bit, responsibilities that were in the domain of a Land Tech have been parcelled out... either to our two more clerical staff or to the DO Landman.

Some of the more recent changes were, to me, a bit odd because to some extent they should have always been dealt by the new rules. See, now if something is very complicated or requires a crazy amount of research it's supposed to go to the Landman, along with certain transfers that have a crazy number of recipeints and other type requirements.

Now, as far as I'm concerned really difficult issues should have already been going to the Landman. But researching regular issues... I mean that's how you learn, that's how you gain the experience to move up the ladder or at least demend a raise. Basically, the way it looks to me, the position is being stripped down to a clerical position of answering the phones if this keeps up.

I understand that we are beyond understaffed and pressed to do even more with every passing day... but I don't like the way that slope is sliding.

No comments: