Boys can say the dumbest things without even thinking.
Yesterday was the much worried about Amnio. I had to speak with the councilor before hand, and no it wasn't the one who left the horrible message on my voicemail, so they had enough snap to put me with someone else. Basically she went over what I already knew... strange what you remember from high school biology suddenly. Then she went over the procedure and since I said flat out no termination we didn't go there.
I've seen my baby every week since I went through a fertility clinic... how could I if baby wasn't going to be suffering in pain or some other really horrific issue.
JP was with me the whole time, being SUCH a guy. If I got chocked up he'd talk to me like a kid telling me to calm down. I don't pretend to know how guys operate, they just compartmentalize everything... it's weird but it's how they're wired.
They did a full ultra sound, even though I'll have to go back anyway for the 20th week scan... but I guess since you're there might as well then they can charge you. They were able to see everything since the baby was stretched out horizontally facing outward. Just couldn't see the spine clearly since he was positioned that way. We did see 10 fingers & toes, 4 chambers in the heart, etc. And at one point the baby waved and then seemed to flash the Westside gang signal. Hilarious.
No soft signs were seen to elevate our risk either.
Amnio, was not fun. During the 2 minute procedure I would say it totally ranked up there with the x-ray of my uterus back in April. Difference being once the needle and other stuff was out the pain faded to discomfort and then gone much quicker.
I'm just 3 hours shy of the 24 hour mark and so far nothing. No spotting or other signs of problems. Just the next few days making sure I don't develop an infection, so flu like symptoms are to be watched for.
JP did confess this morning that he is worried. He said that he can't help but feel something like this would happen to his baby because as he put it, "Things don't work out for me." I was a bit shocked because that boy has lived a charmed life as far as I can tell. But maybe he's coming from a smilar place as me. I know he's been treated shabby by previous girlfriends and who know what ugly things one of them might have said to him. Been there.
So today is my Friday off and I am still in jammies. JP hasn't recovered from jetlag and was up and making a crazy loud noise by 4 am. I did nap on the sofa for a while, but just taking it easy today. Good thing I had so many shows recorded as day time tv is horrible after the Today show. Seriously, ugh.
Before he left this morning, JP did say, "At least the amnio was no big deal..."
Oh really? I don't remember a needle being plunged into the tender bottom half of your belly, into your innards... was I wrong about that? I'm so glad it was no big deal for you sitting in that chair by the table.
I informed him, that's the sort of comment that will come back to haunt him at EVERY family gathering for the rest of his life. I'll be in my 80s... "that silly man said it was no big deal!?"
2 comments:
I am glad everything went okay. Keep me posted and give me a call when you have some news. Are they going to do the FISH testing?
hahha...those silly silly silly boys... No wonder, most of the time, Pat just looks at me with big deer in the headlights eyes instead of saying anything.
I am glad that the procedure went okay and cannot even imagine what it felt like. That might have been the thing that scared me away from having babies!? ;)
I am thinking of you all and praying that everything is A-Okay, as I feel it will be. HUGS!!!
Post a Comment