Thursday, December 17, 2009

Some thing to do...

Well my inboxes have pretty much dried up... I'm more than a little surprised as typically we don't go quiet at any time of year, but this has been an odd year. With zero new drilling since the middle of the first quarter I've been rather dependent on strictly Accounting & Tax related issues to keep my desk busy.

With the external inquires drying up for the holiday and the internal ones grinding to a hault with the system upgrade it's gonna be very difficult to justify my space here. Yeah it's temporary but the big boss can get really wierd about stuff like this.

Very very different from where I was this time last year... drowning and having to ask for assistance. Little did I know that if I just waited 4 more months I'd have plenty of breathing room.

JP returns this afternoon from Colorado. Sounds like it's been a productive trip. WIth the amount of traveling that JP... it's another reason why I feel I should stay home with the baby. Daycare and all that would be so stressful on the weeks I'd have to do all of it myself.

So yeah... well I did get an email inquiry from a flake at Big Big Oil company. I had sent her some info and then she responded by calling me Mitchell and I dropped her email 'cause she pissed me off. I've worked with her for years and then she gets ugly in response and calls me by a guys name?! I meant to email her back the following day which would have been earlier in the week but I totally blanked on her.

As usual this Big Big Company doesn't know what they own and when you then tell them they have the nerve to say you're wrong... um... well since you called and asked me I'm surprised that you'd know my information is wrong and what justifies that statement. Sheesh.

Well at least it's work... of a sort.

No comments: