First I should say, that within a few minutes of my last post JP called me back to apologise for being so grouchy. That was a first ever, and much appreciated.
This weekend was my shower. Maria, the girl whose shower I went to the saturday before went into labor early that very morning and had her little boy Levi by I believe around 9 am. Her family all went to the hospital so we got text updates via Mara who was at the shower. I sent them all their cupcakes and take home boxes with mara that afternoon. I was too tired to even entertain the thought of going myself.
Plus my feet were little potatos.
Shower was so much fun, well at least it was for me I don't know if everyone enjoyed themselves but no one looked particularly miserable. There were basically three main groups of people so I could only visit each group as I could. people don't mix and especially not at such a short and sober meeting.
I had to laugh as Olga pointed out that the Brits all stayed around the kitchen table area, the hispanics were on the sofas, and the co-workers were around the stairs and kitchen enterance.
I do have a list of still need items but towels and washclothes aren't on it. I have a buttload of towels now, which is a good thing... so I'll pick up recieving blankets and sleep sacks over the next couple of weekends.
I was very tired even by Sunday morning, but I knew if I skipped church I'd never hear the end of it from my Mom. How am I gonna break it to her when I start going to a church closer to my house? It's just gonna be too much to haul a baby up to Bear Creek to a church with nothing for children. I need to find my own neighborhood church with a children's group that's closer to me. I've got a few I plan to visit and I'll just have to rip it off like a band aid when the time comes.
So yeah, the foot swelling seemed to get a bit extreme this weekend... but I wonder if a huge part of that was the food stuffs I don't normally eat from the shower. Crackers, chips and other salty fare.
Also that lovely Posterior Pelvic Pain started on Thursday night and I have to watch how I move or it'll flare up again and again on my now. It's supposed to feel like sciatica and man it's not fun. And to sum it up, the BH contractions have been steadily getting stronger. Tends to only happen on the right side of my belly though... but I sometimes wonder if there is only a right side.
This week, though a full 5 days, should be quiet. JP is in Norway until Thursday so I'm really left to my own devices. Slowly I'm putting away clothes and organizing where other items go, for now, but I can't do too much or that pelvic pain comes back like a banshee. No es bueno.
I've been warning JP that I'm doing less and less around the house because of it so hopefully he'll be understanding. Lugging laundry up & down the stairs is right out of the question these days... heck even getting out of the machines it's fun.
So yeah... final stretch. As I told my sister, I am over being pregnant... so over it.
natures way of making you willing to go through labor maybe? Ha!
2 comments:
I love how you mentioned what we chatted about this morning...natures way of getting you ready to move on to the next phase...
the shower was a blast! sorry you are feeling pain.
Post a Comment