Monday, March 15, 2010

Visual aura... you're joking right?!

This weekend was rather rough. Had a great deal more discomfort than I've had this entire time... lower abdomen and gas pain type deals.

When last night, starting a little after 6, I had an aura. It's probably been 7 years since I've had a visual aura. Vision got all wonky and then that odd tingling in the left hand and the left side of my face.

In stead of going online to get scared that it was a sign of pre eclampsia (it's like the House diagonis of Lupus on the internet for pregnancy questions!)... I had JP call the Doctor's answering service to ask her what she thought. If she wasn't worried I knew not to be.

She said since I had a "migrain-ie" history and it was probably triggered by a flux in hormones, especially since I was just sitting there eating dinner and watching a movie. Since I have an appointment this morning she didn't see the point in making me come all the way in if it disappated on it's own (which it did... total time maybe an hour).

It just freaked me out a bit after all that lower abdominal pressure and then an aura after soooo long... especially when we never tagged them to my hormone levels (well there was that one birth control pill that I swear reaked some havoc)

So yeah, that wasn't fun. Minor migraine twinges this morning but I see the doc like like a hour and overall I feel good, just the migraine "I'm so tired" phase right now.

No comments: