Much to JP's relief I have signed us up for two classes and a tour of the hospital.
The classes are birthing and newborn care. When JP asked about the care class I explained that it's the basics, how to bathe the baby, diaper change, and first aide. His response, "I knew there had to be a diaper class... those things are tricky!" Obviously he's never changed a baby ever. But the class will do us both good.
I have been looking for a breastfeeding class, at the hospital without the whole La Leche Legue people making you crazy... and there aren't that many available. It's like one a month so I might not get to take that one. The doctor gave me step by step instructions in the massive amount of info she gave me early on so I'm not flying totally blind so I'm not that overly concerned if I can't get in.
The system change is still on going. We can research & browse but still no updating can be done. I believe by now we were supposed to be able too. *Shrug*
Also, a HUGE acquistion (and a messy ugly one at that) is due to go live with Februray production or March check write. Do I have fab-u timing or what. I've talked with a couple people and basically the supervisor is gonna more than likly take my desk over because this asset is like crazy important... but I'm gonna have another lady shadow me. My hope is I can get her up to speed on the day to day of my area and how the negotiators work Mid-continent so she'll get it when I leave. She's a really really sweet wonderful lady and I would love to leave her with a big important area so she feels more secure here.
Funny how that works... I get offered a Negotiator position the summer I get preggers... and now my work area is gonna be crazy important and I'm leaving. Oh well. It's always been just a job, a way to fund my life not the meaning of my life. On to something new and completely different, if but for a time.
1 comment:
Your nurses will help you with the BF as well after delivery. Lots of help there. They make sure baby is latching well and have lots of knowledge.
Post a Comment