Wednesday, January 6, 2010

So we decided to have an actual winter this year...

I am so glad I bought that maternity coat... this has been one cold winter in H-town. Shocklingly so, we are headed for yet more freezing temps. With luck it'll just be a hard freeze with no sleet/snow/ice.

Went yesterday for my glucose test, and as usual there were shenanigans as always. Oy vey!

The doctor did go on and on about how GD wasn't caused by gaining too much weight etc etc etc, and it seemed like she was trying to say "Basically assume I'm gonna classify you as diabetic blah blah blah because I like to be super cautious." Ugh. So unless my numbers come back stellar she's gonna do this to me. Not what I consider fair... how is that going to effect my insurance I have to wonder.

Glucouse drink was nasty and I had my usual reaction to refined sugar, heart palpatations and red cheeked. Is it possible to have a sugar allergy? The drink also gave me heartburn and my 7pm I was crawling upstairs for bed, crashing from the drink and the stress the doctor suddenly created.

I've decided though I ain't calling in early. She said they only call for bad results so if I make it to TUesday morning I'm in the clear.

She did say my iron was like a 12, which isn't bad but ain't great. So I guess I'll have to eat more of something with iron. *sigh*

Today it's Hobbit Cafe for a belated office birthday lunch. Mmmmmm!

1 comment:

Margie said...

Why would she classify you as diabetic if you are not? You need to find yourself a new doctor!