Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A moniker if you will...

JP and I haven't been thinking of names like we probably should have. After our initial list ended up being all the top names of the year and decade we sort of stopped even talking about it.

Plus JP got this crazy idea that when he sees the baby the name will come it him... uh not if I hate it won't just come to him.

It doesn't help that certain friends are always insisting we tell them the names we're thinking off and trying to put their two cents in... seriously, and it's a guy. I wonder if he wasn't validation for the names he likes (he and his wife are trying, but she just had her second miscarriage so baby talk is awkward to begin with).

Plus, seriously who asks "What do you think of "_____"?" and then when you say it's not for you they get all huffy with, "That's what I want to name my future kid!" Sheesh!

I know people are happy and curious, but some times I just want to say "It's my pregnancy not yours... back off a bit."


Today I was supposed to go for my 10 year anniversary lunch, but the boss lady is out sick. Denied.

I didn't make anything since I thought I was being fed so I'm stuck with trying to come up with a lunch alternative.

Nothing else exciting for the week. We do have dinner plans with the Duncan's and that's always a treat. Everyone is allowed to talk with them, not the usual guys that feel the need to dominate the convo with boring boring talk about work. Yes, it's very dull if that's all you have... I mean, no outside interests? no books? no movies? No opinions? Heck, even going on and on about your kid is better than shop talk. And don't get me started about those who only talk about the "good ol' times" UGH!!!

I'm off on Friday so hopefully I'll get moving enough to take the baby picture of me and my sister to a photo shop. My plan is to flip it to black & white and enlarged slightly. It's to off set the one of JP and his sister, and we'll hang both pictures in the nursery.

Speaking of... the furniture is fully assembled. We just need to figure out the layout before attaching the changing table to the wall. Hopefully we can set it up to move the fouton in as a sofa too. And yes, Smudge has already attempted to take over the chest of drawers so she is banded. Crazy furball has a really obsession with drawers.

1 comment:

Phurphenfivel Enterprises said...

Well, I can't wait to find out what the little one will be called, once y'all see him! The more obscure, the better!! :) I can't wait to see him as well!