I'm home today as I had a sinus headache this morning and didn't want it to turn into a migraine.
Well.. a couple of hours ago while I was stretched out on the sofa, Yolanda from work called. She had to tell me the news regarding a memo that just went out.
Now, I've been waffling, due to comfort, about what the right thing to do work wise is. Well after what I learned today I know for a fact that staying at my present job is not an option.
See, one of the Mean Girls got promoted to a newly created manger postion. She's going to be the "Manager" of the properties and issues in California along with keeping her current position of point man on acquisitions.
Now it's not that I don't think she can do the job or that is should have gone to someone else. She... she's just not a nice person. She's just down right mean and she'd throw ANYONE under the bus to protect herself. If I did stay and her empire continued to grow, which it will, I'd be way more stressed and really no chance of anything positive career wise.
Who am I kidding, if I wasn't preggers I would have taken the Negotiator position and gotten away from the crazy mean girls. Of course i would have been swiming with the a-hole good ol' boys but at least I'd be getting paid a heck of a lot more and learning a very improtant part of the business.
So yeah. I'm 100% comfortable with leaving now as the place I knew for 10 years is now for certain no more. THat woman is angeling for Phyllis' position for sure.
Also, with her new position my fav Mean Girl Laura will for certain come back after maternity leave. She's been polishing Sally's butt for like 7 years now... she can't let that go to waste. So the meanies have one... i know she demanded they do something for her... 7 years of hogging all the special projects and bonus money for her favorite people wasn't enough anymore.
Excellent timing...
No comments:
Post a Comment