Very surreal to be there with JP... just to be back in general. While overall I had a good college experience it was also the scene of some not so great times in my life too. As in all things I guess I'm conflicted by it... was then still am when I think about it.
One of those times in my life when I felt it thrust in my face that I just wasn't good enough.
Ah well. There were plenty of excellent times so I will try not to let those old ghost bog me down too much. Easier said than done but ya gotta try, right?
A&M actually won which surprised me considering. First half there wasn't a whole bunch of hope in the stands but they had an excellent 3rd quarter.
We had lunch with Fiona and Ernie at the original Freebirds and I was so surprised to see The Dry Bean (Dry Heave) was still there. We also stopped at The Dixie Chicken and Dudley's Draw.
Got a picture infront of the Legett Hall plaque... but it doesn't look like the basement is used as dorm rooms anymore. No more basement beasties! So sad.
Anyway, we're back and my feet are killing me and I'm trying to catch up on two weeks worth of laundry. I did some of mine on Thursday just so it wouldn't be too back but towels and bedsheets have run amok.
First load is nearly finished then it's a cup of tea and off to put away my stuff. Why am I so hungry?! Had a huge late breakfast this morning... should have carried me straight to dinner. Maybe it's the site of all that candy that the trick or treaters didn't take.
We barely had any. I wonder what happened... I did get a vist from not one but 3 Disney Princesses... so honored. Haha!
1 comment:
Oh, how I miss Freebirds! At least the Aggies won. We spent the evening at home watching TT beat tu. I did not make it to the end, but B was sure screaming up a storm.
Post a Comment