Everyone seemed to enjoy their first day. Came home and everyone was red.
I'm also glad the screen door is installed. They insist on leaving the back door open. I don't get this because we're in Katy... not known for cooling breezes but hot humid weather instead.
But at least I'll no longer have to worry about the cats getting out or listen to guests complaining about the mosquitos they let in.
We went out to dinner last night. Took them for Tex-Mex. Girls were very picky and didn't seem to enjoy the meal at all... so I'm not sure how San Antonio is going to go.
After dinner we went to walk around La Centerra and grab a coffee/tea. The girls are VERY into their shopping. I pointed out Mint to them which doesn't sell designer but has lots of fun pieces you can mix and match. Did not want to hear of it. If it's not Abercrombie & Fitch... yeah one, so glad I'm not a teen anymore. And two, I'm glad I wasn't a "fashion" obessed teen. By then I had my unhealthy obsession with film and concerts that I could get into at Fitzgerald. Probably part of why I didn't blend well in school.
Of course I was in high school when Grunge was the fashion. So either you wore fannel (yes in the Houston heat) or you were a Prep (which I couldn't afford). There were other groups I remember, the FFA kids or Country... and a few other groups but I don't really remember how they were defined.
As a band geek and art freak there was no way I could escape nerd-dom. Throw on top of that going to museums and going to the art house movie theater I was not "with it" in any way.
Now I'm just too old to care much. I like to dress nice but be comfortable. I'm fully aware that the girls JP knows don't like or understand what I wear as they are clearly shocked when they like something I have. Oh and if they only KNEW how much I get from TJ Maxx and Marshall's... oh well.
Again, just glad I'm not a teenage girl.
Not sure how the weekend is going to work. I think we're going to try and be flexible depending on the weather... but yeah the amuesment parks I see myself as odd man out. JP will want to hang with his friend and the girls want to do their own thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment