Monday, July 7, 2008

What can you do...

It's back to work after a longish holiday weekend. I was up in Wisconsin visiting my sister's family. And my husband managed to get there too. For once, flight scheduling worked in our favor.

So far it has been a miserable day in the office. Everyone is grouchy (including me) and there isn't a long vacation coming up in the next few weeks either.

JP decided officially that we'd have our yearly BBQ over the weekend. Remembering how horrible he is about telling me anything that's important when these sorts of events are coming I followed with my own email asking everyone to ignore him and respond to me if they were coming. Especially if they actually want to be fed.

We're keeping it super simple. Burgers (a few veggie ones) and hot dogs. That's it for meat. Nothing else. I'll make a few dips and a couple of salads plus fixing and we're done.

Of course no matter how simple I try to make it, I'll end up running all over the place and not enjoy much if any of the evening.

No comments: