Thursday, July 24, 2008

More complaining about my job...

Yesterday, the summer intern for the Land Negotiator's brings me this huge stack of files. Me, being half out of it from an Excedrine Migraine tablet, takes the files. Foolishly I thought they were part of a file request that I had made. I had been told that several of those files were checked out.

THen the intern asks me to sign a piece of paper showing that I've "taken responsibility" for them. I'm puzzled but he's an intern, what does he really know.

Once he's gone I realize what the Negotiator has done. He wants me to return his files to the central file room for him.

Excuese me?! What!? When did I become your personal assistant.

To say I was livid would be an understatement.

I realize that most if not all of this company thinks very little of my department. But come on.

I told my supervisor and he shot of an email basically asking what did this guy think he was doing. Either he is totally clueless or he really is a pig... the jury is out on that still. I am NOT here to fetch and carry for that department. That's why they have a summer intern for Pete's sake!

URGH! At one point I was so angry I was shaking... it was just so insulting.

"Here, take care of this for me because I can't be bothered..."

No comments: