Monday, July 14, 2008

Of car maint., laundry, and Hellboy...

Busy weekend...

Saturday I dropped my car off for maint. I was late for 15K and early for 20K so they just did the 20k which picked up the 15K... d'oh.

Really nice guy who took care of my appointment and gave me a much easier book to follow so I'll know exactly what's done on each service. Honda of Katy is much more user friendly than the other dealership I was going to. So glad it opened up.

Since it was a long one I left the car and came home so I could get the house ready. Had to wash sheets and tidy up things we normally leave out... like stacks of DVDs and CDs.

Saturday night we went to a great restaurant out in Richmond called Karl's on the Riverbend. It's right next to a horse farm and as a glassed in porch where you can see all the horses in the field.

Excellent food, not trying to be trendy or overly fancy. I'd like to take my parents some time.

Sunday was very busy. I got up early before church to try and do the last of the laundry as we had to be at Tony's by 2:30... yes last minute BBQ.

Fun as always except... there is something that I've noticed for some time and it really ticks me off.

Why do people think it's okay to bluntly say, "I HATE cats!" when it's brought up that you have cats? I've never heard someone say, "I HATE dogs!" when someone else mentions their pooch. Seriously, why is it okay to be so ugly and hateful about felines? And especially to the face of a person who HAS THEM! It's just rude and I'm getting totally fed up with it.

Feel sorry for the next person who says that to me... I am going to be blunt about their own rude and ugly behavior.

We left the party about 7:15 so we could catch a showing of Hellboy II. Very fun movie. Good summer popcorn flick (unlike Wanted that steaming pile...).

Today kicks off the return to the 9/80 schedule. I got here at 6:15... so I'll leave at 4:15. They didn't say that I couldn't work those times, it only said 6:30 to 4 and if you wanted an hour lunch you had to add 30 minutes... didn't say you couldn't split it.

I'm trying not to let work stress me out. That stupid payout crapfest continues. And the weasel that helped start it all hasn't done anything... dillweed probably doesn't understand that he's the one who has to fix the booking problem... *growl*

No comments: