Friday, January 23, 2009

"No le gusta caminar... no puede montar al cabaio... como se puede bailar es un escandalo!"

Well... so much for people acting mature and doing what they can to pitch in and help.

Evidently in this office "Pitching in to Help" only happens if it's to help themselves out and not anyone else.

What went down is this... we were told in our last meeting due to the economic downturn and the massive collapse in the price of crude there will be NO acquisitions for the coming year.

Now, the person who took over the county I fell behind in and was overwhelmed by... she didn't have an area like the rest of us. She was point man for the acquisitions. And when you've got at least 3 massive acquisitions going on at overlapping times I'm sure she was crazy busy herself...

Since there are no coming acquisitions and they're just tidying up the loose ends of the last one she'd have NOTHING ON HER FRAKING DESK TO DO. I'm sure if acquisitions were still coming in even at half the speed of the last year I would still have all that crazy workload... but NOTHING is coming in. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

So I do the proactive, grown up in the office thing, and go to talk to her yesterday afternoon at the end of the day...

she basically implyed that I haven't BEEN working and that now I WON'T be working because she'll be doing ALL my work. Gee, I guess all I've been doing since the middle of summer is eat bon bons at my desk and getting mani/pedis on my extended lunch hour.

So much for feeling bad about any of the changes. Why do people have to be such enormous titty babies?! Maybe I needed some help and maybe someone could actually pitch in with the downturn. But as usual my overwhelmed and busy isn't "important" to certain department A-holes.

I brought in homemade banana bread for everyone yesterday... *growl* before I even knew what the changes would be?!


THEN this morning I spray an air freshner I brought in because my office doorway has been musty since Ike. I get someone running down the hall demanding to know who sprayed a deoderizer. *Deep Breath* If it wasn't the four of us who do have to sit down in this funk every morning until it airs out then this stink would have been taken care of way back when... but because of who sits down here nothing gets done. I told this person, yes I sprayed it and I'm gonna keep spraying it until something changes. I don't like have to breath in wetfunk every morning.

I have HAD IT with being pushed to the bottom. I'm not taking it from anyone. I come in, I do my work to the best of my abilities with what information I do get and I just want to be left alone. My sole motivation in the offic these days is to avoid contact with people so I don't have to be yelled at, condescended too, or belittled.

Am I just asking for too much?!

No comments: