Monday, November 9, 2009

Say what...?!


Miss Keiko went for her yearly on Friday. I was holding my breath because I feared at her age, 8, she'd need a dental and that ain't cheap.

Instead I headed home in tears because they found a slight heart murmur.

It's very slight, as the vet had to really focus to find it and she said getting an ultrasound to check it out wasn't a rush situation. So I'm hoping that means whatever has caused it (and the possibilities are pretty wide) can easily be treated by medication.

I've known since I got Keiko that being a tortie meant she'd be weird even by cat standards and that her life span wouldn't be like those 18+ kitties either. But the mere inkling that something might seriously be wrong with her and I loose it.

She is probably the sweetest animal I've ever know. period. and I'm not just saying that because she's mine. She's just always been a great cat and as long as the number of people in the house were low she was never a pest, never gets agressive with anyone (except when Smudge needs to be knocked down a peg or two), and just a lovey mush in her own, touch me but don't pick me up way.

I have to remind myself that time in on our side since this has been caught early and no invasive testing needs to be done at this point. I'm just not willing to subject her to anything really intensive because she can't possibly understand why something like that was being done and it would scare her to death and for what.

Who else is gonna race me up the stairs at night when I say, "Time to go meemees!"

No comments: