Morning meeting was canceled... I think like 4 people are out for the whole week and one is the big boss, so we got lucky
A rather quiet weekend. Took care of the car Friday morning and just a quiet day after that.
Saturday we did bits & pieces around the house and JP finally got over the idea of trading in his car. That was a big eye opening experience for him. High end cars suck and I was against that car from the beginning so yeah... he now understands that he'll have to drive it for much much longer.
We had a few people over Saturday night for just wine & nibbles. Was a night laid back sort of night. I was beyond worn out by the time everyone left though. It's going to be an interesting holiday season.
Sunday was even quieter, as I just laid on the sofa after church and finished reading my book... The Vanishing of Esme Lennox. Interesting as it's written from the point of view of an elderly woman in a nursing home with advanced dementia and her sister who has spent the last 65 years in a mental insitution. Picked it up in Australia.
Now today I don't have a whole bunch I need to get done. I do need to venture out on a slightly early lunch hour to pick up a few Thankgiving items I'm gonna need. Can't deal with HEB until after Thanksgiving. That place was INSANE on Friday so I can't imagine it getting any better... unless I'm just buying a few things and can walk there that is... even then.
1 comment:
That sounds like an interesting book! So, I could meet you for lunch tomorrow and bring you your bowl if you like??
Also, just in case, y'all are invited over to our house for Thanksgiving and the A&M/UT game! I know you have your parents here in Houston, but if you get a hanker to come over, come on!
Post a Comment