I didn't have to really think about the H1N1 shot because it wasn't really available to me since we got back from Australia.
Every place here that had the injection was a WIC clinic and in parts of town I wouldn't normally venture (Like Acres Home... home to it's own serial killer who was only recently caught).
So today I just a call from my GP's office. I had been put on a list and was basically going between Tschudia and my ob/gyn to see who got it first. I hadn't called the ob last week so she might have it this week too, who knows as she's not contacting her patients.
So now I actually have to think about it... I'm scheduled to go tomorrow afternoon, but to say I am not nervous about the shot causing harm to the baby would be lying. I know it's made the same as the seasonal etc etc... but I've never taken a flu shot ever because I never gotten it in my life. Typically I have a robust immune system except when my sinues are involved, then I'll catch anything and everything.
it's like... if you don't get and you get sick you're in crazy trouble... and if you do it and some thing happens you'll feel wretched too. Damned either way... of course you could take the shot and nothing happen.... and I believe plenty of preggers have taken the shots in these last couple of months. And at least I'm getting it at the GP who yearly does these types of shots as opposed to the ob/gyn who never does...
No comments:
Post a Comment