Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Here I be...


The Manager is very angry that some people aren't coming in today. Ummmm... they live in the costal counties... and probably would rather stay at home than come in and get stuck later in the day due to street flooding. Silly silly boss lady.
Her problem is she doesn't get it. If it doesn't effect her directly she can't understand someone else's concern. She's rather like a man in that regard.
I'm here but if the rain gets too heavy I'm outta here. None of that two t0 three hours stuck on the freeway to get home for me. Try and find me.
It was rather freaky coming in. I was one of 5 cars leaving my neighborhood and I was late... everyone else was staying home. I didn't start to see more people until I was inside the beltway and even then 59 was empty.
Part of why I was late had to do with food. I figured the good places to eat would be closed as they wouldn't want to get stuck here and have smarter bosses. So I quickly made a lunch. Then on my way out of the neighborhood I thought, hey 2/3rd of a tank was fine if you were staying in Katy... but now I don't think so. So I stopped and got gas and was the only person there with the poor little guy in the booth.
So yeah I'm here with a handful of people... more might be trickling in... I wonder if the bagel place is open... probably not... mmmmmmmm, bagel.

No comments: