Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nearly half way...

Office life just stinks... and I don't think it really matters where you are or what you do, it stinks. Unless you're one of those lucky people that has a true calling for a certain field... then it might not... but I'm sure their co-workers suck just as much as anyone else's.

Things here started to shift some time back. As certain people left and new ones started it became more pronounced... and the way some of the newer people are treated is just shocking.

Don't even get me started on how the company has shifted in the way they treat exempt vs. non-exempt. Just horrible.

A given in my area of the industry is that Division Orders, a purely administrative department, will be treated like garbage by what used to be known as Operations.

A couple years ago the guys in Operations, and yes there are always men, started to complain that they wanted to be on a different pay scale than us lowly Division Order people. The only way that could happen in office politics was to change there title and create some thing totally new and separate that has no possible tie to us. They became Negotiators.

Their jobs didn't change, but the pay scale certainly did. Most people are fine with that because we don't want to do their jobs... the problem came in with the parts of their jobs they don't think they have to do anymore.

So a couple of weeks ago I stood up for myself. I was livid that a certain Negotiator actually thought it was my responsibility to do his refiling. I made sure with my supervisor that this was not one of my few found duties to appease that department and after being assured my supervisor sent an email to straigten things out.

To date, this particular supposed grown up has not contacted me directly either by email or phone for anything. This WAS a supposed grown up who used to contact me daily for information.

Someone obviously got his wittle feewings huwrt...

I.don't.care.

I'm responding to the inquires of his team with all due speed and cheerfulness. He can suck it. I am not his assistant and if he has a problem with me well than just try and request someone else.

No one is gonna do all that extra crap he feels entitled too.

1 comment:

Phurphenfivel Enterprises said...

Get 'em!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!! I too despise office life. Right there with ya sister.