Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lazy yet productive...


Haven't done much exciting the last couple of days. I needed some serious down time after all the job stress and what not of the last couple of weeks.

Friday was my day off from work. JP was also leaving in the morning for the Austin golf weekend.

He had a 7am conference call so I slept until that was finished and then made him breakfast while he finished getting his stuff together for the weekend. He didn't drive, I believe they went in Richard's car.

So by quarter to 9 he was leaving and I started my Weekend of Me.

I just went to Target and lucky me got caught in the monsoon that came to town. Geez it was a ton of rain. I had thought of going to James Avery as I have picked out my charm for Fiji ( a cute smilie sun) but opted instead to take a swim and layout by the pool.

Should have known better... as I was relaxing on the tanning shelf and was really getting comfy I got splashed in the face... and yes I was in the backyard alone so you can imagine how scared I was...

the hose that powers the pool cleaner came apart and the part still attached to the wall was flying around the pool and spraying everywhere.

So after much wrangling and soaking I figured out was happened... a clamp for the tube was totally missing and had been held together with a float on the tube which no longer was holding the hose together.

Luckily I had a couple of hours before Olga arrived so i quickly showered and changed and headed out to Leslies' Pool to get a new one.

and yes, go me I fixed the pool hose. Whoop!

Olga arrived and we headed out for Tropic Thunder which was funny and very much in the sense of OMG I can't believe they said that... but it was everything that I had read and heard in regards to actors and hollywood in general when it comes to choosing roles for an oscar nod etc.

I will say that Tom Cruise just creeped me out totally. I was cringing in my seat when he was on screen... bleck!

Olga stayed over and she was here until about lunchtime today. She's got the NIN concert with her man tonight. That should be an interesting night...

All afternoon I've been doing laundry and cleaning up the kitchen.... of course the rain showed up again but it wasn't too bad that I couldn't sit on the back porch and read while I waited for the dryer. Nice and quiet afternoon.

Finished washing the dinner dishes and I'm gonna pop in Sense & Sensibility, the latest BBC version, shortly.

Tomorrow I'll probably just hang with my parents and Aunt after church for a little while. JP isn't due back until 7:30 or 8.

And go me... no needless shopping this weekend.

No comments: