Had no idea that a tropical storm had formed until this morning. Driving in I saw the road sign flashing:
"Tropical Storm in Gulf. Fill Your Gas Tank."
Nice, cheerful way to start the week. And cause the locals to freak and run for the stations. At least the prices have dropped somewhat.
JP leaves this afternoon for a week and a half in Norway. When I get home I'll move the pool furniture to the garage just incase. Last time we had a very gusty storm that blew the deck chairs across the yard it would be a good thing to put them all away.
Would all that lifting count as my workout? That would be nice...
Weekend was rather quiet... well for us. Saturday was the Harris BBQ. Food was excellent as always. There was a smallish group of people. Got to really talk to Rosaline which is always good.
We were home by 10:30 which surprised me but I guess JP was still tired from his guy's night out.
Sunday we just stayed close to home and finished chores around the house. Laundry is finally caught up. I did run out of dry cleaning sheets so I haven't cleaned the duvet covers yet.
We went to see Step Brothers as we wanted a total brain out movie. Not as funny as the NASCAR movie but it was pretty funny in that over the top sort of way. Crazy foul language too.
So today I need to find out what the boss thinks about coming in tomorrow. The parking garage here in Greenway is below ground and I'm actually two levels below... when a really heavy rain comes through it floods and with this sort of storm flooding is going to happen.
The boss never comes down firm so I'll have to get with the supervisor and take my lead from him.
Fun times!
1 comment:
:) I say we all go home now and prepare! The fill your gas tanks signs made me giggle this morning.
Post a Comment