Monday, December 29, 2008

Back in the office...

and what an overall nice time away.

Christmas Day was nice at the Reid's house. Their little boy is just too cute. Doesn't seem to like guys much, preferred to be held by the ladies.

We didn't stay, but headed for home shortly after 10. I didn't mix so I just had my wine to keep from going loopy. Seriously more than a glass and I'm a gonner.

Day after we didn't do much of anything. I was in my pjs until well after noon, which was very nice. That night Tony & Roz came over for a little while and we were all surprised when Miss Keiko jumped on the sofa next to Roz and demanded affection.

Saturday morning I went up to the Kate Spade outlet as I just knew they were having an amazing sale. And boy howdy was I right. Anyone who pays retail is a sucker. They had everything 50% off the lowest marked price...

The bag I got started it's life at $245... crazy people prices. It's first outlet price was $180... again crazy people prices (it's nylon with leather trimming so yeah crazy prices). Then it was marked $160... final price was $80 for a big purse that will last me for years.

Yeah... you pay retail you're crazy... or have zero access to an Outlet.

Went to Marshall's afterwards and bought a black sweater and a brown hoodie. Needed the black sweater and the hoodie was too good a deal.

Yesterday, I went to church and I was supposed to be on my own as JP had planned to go see his friend in Clear Lake.

Spent the afternoon clearing out the pantry as it was a total mess. The stuff JP shoves in there... craziness! Turned out his friend has the flu so he came home after the Texans game (it was for work... ended up sitting next to the CEO of the company and texted me all freaked out) and lucky for me I was finished.

I also purchased most of the items I need for New Year's Eve. They were out of a few things so I'll have to go again on Tuesday. My plan is to make a couple of the dips Tuesday night and then the cheesecake brownies and the warm dip on Wednesday afternoon.

I might add another sweetie depending on how I'm feeling.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Shoot, if you get a deal like that again buy me one too and I will pay you back!