Thursday, December 11, 2008

Flurries! Flurries! I said FLURRIES!

Went for Hot Pot at my Aunt & Uncle's house last night. Had to book it at 8:30 and headed south through the Bear Creek area... man, the amount of snow flurries there was insane! Shrubs were blanketed with the stuff!

Way too warm for anything to stick to the ground which is fine by me. And there was nothing out in Katy. No pretty flurries. But I think on the northside some overpasses and flyovers iced over.

It's another cold (for us) day today, but no rain/ice/flurries are expected.

This week is taking forever... I can't seem to get involved in any of my work problems. I seriously just can't be bothered...

Gerry read the online statement from our CEO saying what a good position we're in debt wise etc... the thing is each day the price drops is another dollar less he'll get in earnings which means less of a bonus for him... so yeah if they go through with spring layoffs then it will be to ensure he gets as much a possible along with the other top tiers.

OUR department is already cut to the bone, they go any deeper nothing will ever get taken care of. Other departments, I don't know about. Supply chain has tripled in size since the last layoff... how that works I dunno. E&P company slashes 30% of their engineers but triples the size of the department that buys stuff of the asset teams...?! Don't get it.

Company mandate these days is "meet the metric" not "find the oil!"

No comments: