Thursday, March 26, 2009

Of Office Friday and busy little nothings...

Thankfully this is a four day work week. It's been more than a bit of an emotional roller coaster so I'm very greatful for that. Emotional balance has not been my strong suit...

Yesterday I had a hilarious convo with some people at a company formerly known as Riata. They are a hoot! I hung up saying out loud, Now those are people I'd like to work with... if they only weren't in Oklahoma! Plus the other company I've been dealing with Sandhurst, wow... just an awesomely helpful DO department. Seriously, if they EVER need anything from me I'll gladly do it they've been so incredibly helpful.

Last night I didn't do much outside from my usual routine. DVR went wonky so there was no Hell's Kitchen to watch, but it's fixed now. EnTouch is a twitchy little thing.

The guests arrive tomorrow afternoon. The plan is just a nice dinner out. Should be interesting, me with 4 Scottish men reverting to their teenage selves... the most hyper being the one I'm married too. Oy vey!

They'll head out around 8am on Saturday for Austin and all her golf course splendor. I will get ready to hit the museums with Olga, we're off to the Natural Science Museum and then a late lunch of Crawfish!

The guys don't get back until Monday so I'll be on my own until then. No biggie as I should relish the down time. While I'm not joining them during the daily golf rituals (seriously I'd rather go to the gyno than ever play another round of golf it's not my thang) I will be joining them at night for whatever activities Cruise Director Jimmy P has planned.

I should say... I was totally amazed last night to come downstairs and find JP actually putting dishes AWAY not just in the drying rack but away in the cabinets where dishes really live. I think it was a ploy to get me to put away his laundry... it might work if he keeps it up.

Not that a whole mess of people read this... but if you're looking for some awesome mellow heart breakingly beautiful music check out Elvis Perkins... you won't regret it.

1 comment:

Margie said...

I am liking Josh Radin these days as well. Say Hi to the Scottish boys and Cruise Director Jimmy P from us.