No seriously it is, check it. I haven't seen comments on an NPR post go so high!
And then today at lunch, Olga forwards me this link and it's that actor from Twilight, big haired boy from Harry Potter. Anyway, he's claiming to never wash his hair. Which I think is probably an extreme statement to mess with people, but still after hearing the whole "No 'Poo" movement from before it got me thinking.
See I'm bored for one... and for two... I just assumed that people do what they do 'cause it works for them on whatever level. You know. I work with a couple of people who obviously don't do the rigorious hygenie of any sort 'cause they are the stinky people you don't want to get stuck in an elevator with. But they are happy, married with family etc so obviously they ain't harming anyone and their family is fine with it.
Growing up I know my Mom doesn't have to wash her hair daily 'cause of it's texture. And she's never been "stinky" or "unhygenic" just that's what works for her and her body chemisty.
Dad, is old school V-O5 man and though I remember his pillow smelling of V-O5 he didn't stink of unclean hair based on his hair washing schedule. Which wasn't/isn't dialy I don't think but it ain't once a month either.
Not to mention the girls I knew from dorm life. Several of them didn't have to wash their hair daily and again I always figured "must be nice," and left it at that.
It's what works for you in your life. But please don't tell me to use vinegar and say you won't smell like a pickle. You will and you do, but you just got used to it... and your friends love you too much to tell you.
I stick to once a day, and a rinse w/ an herbal hair tonic after a workout. My scalp is uber sensitive to everything... shampoo, conditioner, changes in the season you name it and it'll freak out my scalp. Including, not washing it. so there's the rub.
1 comment:
hmmm...the herbal hair tonic after a workout is a good idea! I usually just rinse my hair after my lunch workout...
And by the way, I have to wash my hair every day too or I will be a greasy haired nasty looking thing by 10:00 a.m.
Post a Comment