Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tedious day at work...

I'm working on a Unit Roll Up correction/update dealie.

Basically something that should have taken me an hour is taking me several days because the stupid system is so inflexible. It's just a nightmare to work with. Oh well. I'm doing the best but I have to go slow or I'll make it even worse.

Today is my Friday and I'm very happy about that, even if it's gonna rain all weekend.

No big plans for tomorrow. I thought of going to see the French film The Class, but I might just stay home and watch Netflix offerings and clean out my bathroom cabinets of old product. We'll see.

Found out that Depeche Mode is coming to town at the end of the summer so I'm going to try and get tickets. One good thing is it's at the reopened Pavillion so lawn tickets are always an option. Bad thing, it's a Sunday night. But they're probably the last of the big bands from my teen years that I totally loved and never got to see live. All that would be left is New Order... and well that's never gonna happen, just like a Smiths reunion is never gonna happen.

And best news of the day... my cousin had her baby boy last night. I don't know any info other than he was born and they're both fine. No name or weight or anything. My Mom was going to try and call at lunch time so hopefully she found out the little guys name.

We're putting together a package of stuff to send over this weekend. I'm telling ya... way to many babies all of a sudden. Spending too much time at Carter's the last couple of months.

Since the weather is just so miserable, that damp chilled Houston crappy weather, I've decided to make that three bean turkey chilli again. If I remember to stop at HEB on the way home to pick up the stuff.

Back to the unit roll up correction, what joy. it's so stimulating to work on let me tell ya.

No comments: