
It's one of those mornings where you just need a hug.
I woke up all congested in the head and sound all icky. Here's hoping it's just allergies and one too many Fat Tires last night (I had two).
Saw Kel last night. She seems much the same. It's been awhile since I've seen her. I had to cut down and then out some of my associations as I realized that some female friends were pretty much poisonious when it came to men. If I stayed with them I probably wouldn't have given JP a real chance or been persuaded that a minor disagreement was something much much more.
I'm leaving early today to help set up at the Church. I'm also going to be serving the food the family wants to provide. Mom and I talked about it and it find it odd that people want to feed you after a memorial service.... Mom spoke about how growing up you'd sit in the house the whole night with the family and the viewing was done in the house as well. There would be coffee and drink and that was it. She told me the first time she'd been to a memorial where there was no viewing in the house and people were trying to feed her was when my paternal grandmother passed... she had to pull my Father over to the side and ask what was going on as it was so different from what she had previously experienced.
I've been to several different types of services, some gut wrenching... a friend's ex-husband went postal and killed his landlord, injured someone else, and then took his own life. We had to be very secretive to avoid the press barging in. I've been to joyous "Home Sendings" where the lovely woman who passed was a strong Christian as were/are all her family and everyone knew that they'd see her again and she was dancing in Heaven. And I've been to disturbing services where a young life was snuffed out by drug abuse and everyone seemed to be casting for an answer to the question Why.
Today... though shocking... we know that Bill is in Heaven and he's laughing and smiling that great big smile of his. I didn't get to know him well in this life, but the brief time I did know him he was a kind soul and I am the better for having known him.
Not to get all melancholy... but I gets it's in my nature along with negative internal monologs...
Tomorrow the boys head home. I think they have really enjoyed their stay in Texas. They'll see each other at the end of the month at the yearly golf tournament in Newtonmoore. I'll be in lovely Manitowoc hoping to convince my sibling to take me to the Flying Pig yet again. Can't wait!
This has been a strange week... the guests have been just fine, very little stress but I think I'm still in some kind of mild shock...
Well, I better start calling around... trying to find the operator of a well that I have next to no information on. I'm hoping to find out who is supposed to by paying a particular royalty owner as we don't have him set up, nor do we have ANY information on the well itself. Fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment