Weekend was a short one, but seemed long. Maybe because of the rain on Saturday...
Friday, after work, we went to see State of Play... not the best political thriller but it was good and a nice change from all the boy comedies. I had seen Sunshine Cleaning on Thursday and that was an excellent movie. I love movies that show family making it work without being all treacle.
Saturday I was going to go shopping for books for the kids, but the weather all morning was a total wash out. Even in the afternoon it was a mess, but we had a charity crawfish boil to go to and so I had to push it back.
Sunday I tried to find books at Target with zero luck. We'll see if I can go today possibly to Borders, but it's always just such a mess in there.
Sunday I did some of the shopping I wanted to do from the day before but since JP was in tow that cramped my style more than a bit. He loves to shop, but only when he's doing the shopping. Can deal with standing and waiting for anyone else.
And a new just funny... a contract guy starting today is from the tiny village of Alva outside of Sterling. They brought him down to meet me 'cause of the "accent" and really he barely has one left compared to JP. Seems like a nice guy and he'll fit in fine with Lease Records.
Saturday was Aidan's birthday party, but today is his birthday. I can't believe he's 7! Gosh... I hope my presents made it in time for the party and I'll call him when I get home from work today. I think he had a luncheon with his principle some time last week too...
Ah well. It's a short week with a doctor's visit on Wednesday. Yet another attempt at finding a decent gyno. Everyone my Mom works with goes to this newest doctor. Let's see if she'll actually listen to me when I explain what's going on and what's not going on. Sheesh.
1 comment:
Your presents made it and have been played with already. Loved them, especially Big Brain Academy...excellent choice. The luncheon with the principal for his Outstanding Student Award is tomorrow. One less lunch to pack for me!
Post a Comment