Thursday, July 16, 2009

The glass was half full this morning...

The meeting this morning, was a surprise to congradulate the boss lady on 35 years with the company. The VP even brought cake & ice cream... yeah at 9 am.

I saved my cake and had it for lunch.


Went to Target and got a few things and forgot a few more. I found a small travel container for soap which I'm going to use for the medication. I'll only take two with me that way and not run the risk of ruining all of them if something goes wrong.

I also found another pj set. I have this weird thing about jammies, I seriously don't think you can own too many pairs. Got a very cute sock monkey & palm tree design from the Nick & Nora collection. Very comfy as a bought a size bigger than I need. Hee.

Came back and had enough time to read a bit more of my latest book The Heretic's Daughter. It's about the Salem witch trials told by the point of view of the writer's anscentor Martha Carrier. It's starts out when she is 9 and her family is faulted with bringing small pox to the town.

Not light reading, but it's good. I can do silly movies and sillier tv... but silly books I can't deal with. funny stuff yes fine, but just truly silly fluff books can't deal with.

And dinner tonight is on with Bayou City. Yum! They have a HH menu with all kinds of tasty treats. I had suggested we go to this pub Olga has mentioned, but she said that it's all fried food & she's not in the mood for it... but most of what's at Bayou City is fried too... hahaha. Oh well, if there are crawfish invovled it's all good.

Hopefully, I'll be hungry by then.

No comments: