This weekend was the Orlando Florida trip to meet up with JP's friends and their kids. There were 6 kids ranging in age from 7 to 15 and it was amazing to see how well they all got along.
Having that little gang also made it easier for all the kids to ride the rollercoasters as they seemed to gain strength from knowing the others were doing it... well minus the youngest as most of the rides really did scare him. He did like the Toy Story 3D shoot out one and then he was given ribs for dinner so he was happy.
We stayed at a Best Western motor court type place. Never again will I take a "pool side" room. People just can't be trusted to govern their own behavior... oh like when it says "Pool Closed at 11pm" and they let their kids scream and scamper playing Marco Polo at Midnight and beyond. SHEESH!
The parks will filled with some many English tourists too... JP didn't have much nice to say about that. Heh. Plus there were HUGE Brazilian school groups at the park as well. Packed OUT!
Both ways JP was upgraded to First Class and he was kind enough to let me take the seat while he stayed in cattle class. It really burns me though that they continually separate us... I mean we're booked together and they sever the booking and bump him to 1st class all the time! Grrrrr.
Today he leaves for a week in Norway. =( It may or maynot go through the weekend we just won't know. This kind of throws things socially into that ackward area when invites are for both of us as I'm the one left... and I enough of a friend to be allowed on my own...?
Tomorrow is Karon's birthday dinner. It looks like it's turned into a girls night so that's a bit better... but yeah JP can't go but I do like Karon, she's very nice... no we don't do things just us but we're friendly etc. Social situations can be so difficult to manuver...
I'll have to see if I have the stuff to make a birthday card. I think I still have a bit of card stock left.
1 comment:
yes, you are enough of a friend to be invited on your own!!
Post a Comment