Weekend was too short. Two day weekends don't allow for enough down time.
Friday night, I treated myself to Chinese take out and the finale of Season 4 of Lost. Shocker of an ending, not as emotional as the finale of Season 3 but still excellent in other ways.
Saturday I was lazy for as along as possible but did manage to do some laundry before heading out for lunch with my parents and then some shopping with Mom at Kohl's. She's looking for gifts for the friends she's visiting in August.
Saturday night was a birthday party. I stayed for a couple of hours because between being so tired and the distance I didn't want to head back home in the dark. houston drivers are scary like that, and boy did I see som shenanigans on the road! This one SUV in particular should have his license taken away from him and he should be banded from driving until he can prove he's a mature adult. Sheesh.
Crashed early with the tv on and everything.
Sunday was more quiet time and the only outing was for Church. Just went to lunch and then home so I could do more laundry and take care of the kitties with the fountain and whatnot.
Nothing terribly exciting this weekend. Lots of sleeping and quality kitty time. Sunday afternoon Smudge stayed in my lap for over an hour and purred the whole time. Very snuggled in too.
Today there is no Monday meeting, excellent. The boss is out until tomorrow. A couple of others are out as well. Yolanda still hasn't returned to work, which is getting worriesome. It was the 8th of July when she had her episode and asked to be taken to the emergency room.
Oh one thing I did yesterday. Made an AWESOME turkey breast to have for lunch the next few days. OMG it came out as a good as Thanksgiving turkey. But my banana bread sucked... I think the nanners weren't over ripe enough but I was tired of seeing them as JP hasn't eaten them. Should have waited, but I think he shoved them in the fridge too soon. Don't bananas rippen better in a brown bag? or is that pears...?
No comments:
Post a Comment