Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Is it the holiday weekend yet?!

Haven't uploaded any of my pics yet... just too tired when I get home.

We got back late on Sunday as we got stuck in Houston construction traffic. JP turned around and left for Denver on Tuesday morning. Smudge was not pleased.

Toronto was awesome! Had such a great time and it went too quickly.

Friday night we went out to dinner as this really different sort of Asian fusion place. All the food was tappa sized for sharing and we picked about 7 dishes. Each one was better than the last one... well except for the beet, tomatoe and blue cheese one... as I don't like any of those things. But I did try it and the sweetness of the beet combines with the blue cheese was very compelling... but still not my thing.

Saturday we went to Niagra Falls and did the whole tourist Maid of the Mist excursion. Everyone was just screaming like mad when we hit the actual falls as it was crazy cold & windy... but only there. Probably better to do that at the high point of summer.

We then went out to Niagra on the Lake where the wine region is. Evidently they are known for their ice wines. And boyhowdy did I find a dandy. Oh yes I went for it and spent $100 Candanian for it... it's for a special occassion. JP seems to think that's his birthday but he picked up several bottles on his own so it can be one of those.

Saturday night we met up with JP's cousins at a Canadian style pub. Clare has lived in Toronto for 15 years and it just happened that Derrick was arriving from Scotland for a visit.

JP was a bit worried as they aren't particularly close due to age difference etc. But everyone ended up having a great time. I chalk it up to if you don't hang with your cousins away from the parents even as adults you aren't going to be close. You can't really just relax when the parents are around as I think you always revert to being kids.

I hope this means that JP will see more of them in the future. They don't have a very extended family so yeah. It was hilarious.

Sunday we took it easy and went to the CN tower in Toronto. it's the tallest free standing structure in the world. We didn't go to the top or stand on the glass floor 2,000 feet up 'cause neither of us do heights very well.

Follwed that with a dish of Poutin, a Canadian dish of french fries with gravy and white cheese curds. It was different, and the gravy wasn't my fav but it was fun.

Our flight was at 5:30 so we had to head back my midafternoon. I had left over Canadian money and tried to spend the last of it at the airport but was still left with $10. Oh well. For next time.

Week has been difficult since I started out tired. My title opinion appears to be incorrect as it doesn't total 100%. Greeeaaaat.

I did go to Anthropologie yesterday and I found a cute little summer dress for the weekend. I just need a dress for Katie's bachelorette... that's proving harder. I don't want to spend a bunch on it...

No comments: