Let's see... Friday night was Dave Matthews Band. Excellent as always. Just a great show to sit on the field at CWMP and relax. Only draw back, two guys infront of us lit cigars. CIGARS! Nasty nasty nasty. I'd have rather breathed in the second hand weed smoke, seriously.
JP was happy as they played #41, his all time favorite. Hands in the air singing along happy.
We had a late snack, and were back at the hotel by midnight.
On the drive up JP drops the bomb that Saturday we aren't going straight home, but instead going to a crawfish boil. Nice, since I didn't really pack clothing for standing around outside & eating crawfish in.
A friend of JP's from the rodeo and his wife were hosting it. They live some where in the city on like the SE side... I think. We were off 59 somewhere. Nice people. Just so not used to hanging out with a bunch of Americans... not a single Fbomb was dropped... until we ran into a couple Seham and Rory... Rory is British and as soon as he starts talking to JP... BOOM! I think it's genetic some times.
She gave me their number as they live in Stafford. They seemed really keen on meeting up with us so yeah we'll have to give them a call some time and see if we can meet up.
We stayed much later than we thought... didn't get home until after 6. I had to shower and then we just sat around.
Now, I know a couple people who read this like the Twilight books... I'm talking about the movie here. JP kept eyeballing the DVD since it came out. I KNEW he wouldn't like anything about it 'cause it's not a "typical" vampire movie. Nothing I told him would sink in, so instead of him buying it and having it sit around the house forever I put it on Netflix and bumped it up while he was gone. We watched it Saturday night.
He was twitching and moaning on the sofa within 15 minutes. As a movie, OMG was it bad bad bad. Acting wise, wooden as all get out and just painful. I could see how a young girl would love it though. And as always, I'm sure the book was much better... but it was laughingly bad. I did watch the whole thing unlike Zack & Miri bad where I had to get up and leave the room with my book 'cause it was just too stink-o to be near.
Yesterday was the early celebration for Dad's birthday and Mother's Day since the parents are leaving on Thursday for Puerto Rico. Last year we did it early 'cause I was going to Scotland for a wedding. Ha!
Anyway, I took them to Mantra an excellent Indian place out near me in Katy. It's always good... well as long as you don't get a vindaloo. Everyone enjoyed their dinner, but I think next time Mom will stick to the veggie dishes like I do.
Which brings us to Monday morning... Yes, it's a four day week... but still. *sigh* to not have to work... I should play the lotto but I can't bring myself to do it. Some of the people we chatted with on Saturday play. They were pretty funny as they all had their plans of how you collect the money etc. I think most of them were accountants of some sort.
Oh yeah... at the concert, JP was buying a beer and I was standing behind him... and I got carded. JP was telling the barman, "She's my wife!?" As I handed my ID over I told the guy, "well past my friend... older than you even." And of course the double take when he saw the year on my card. Oil of Olay you're doing a great job I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment