Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Not feelin' so good about this place...



To say that the HFI is frustrating me would be putting things in very mild terms.

When you're talking about a medical clinic you except the people taking appointments to do a better job taking those appoints than say... a rental car company. ARGH!

I get a phone call at ten minutes til 6 last night to tell me they have a conflict with my Tuesday morning appointment. This is a JOINT appointment so it's not like I can just grab a time and force JP to change his business meetings.

So I tell the person on the phone that I need to check for when he's available and I'll call you right back...

"Oh you can't call back because the phones have been sent to the answering service already..."

"Ok, can you call me back in 5 to 10 minutes?"

"Sure, not a problem."

Do you think she called back?! Of course not... with no way to call her until this morning, possibly... AFTER i've already told my boss I've got an appointment and everything has been in place for over a stupid week.

She doesn't call me back.

I told JP and he's all well there's a surprise... it's just our lives we're trying to deal with here nothing important.


Well, I just got off the phone with the same person...

I very politely said my name and that I hadn't heard back from her about rescheduling. Passive aggressive much? But needed to be done. There is an evaluation on their website that you can fill out without signing... oh yes there will be comments made about how they handle appointments... like people aren't emotional enough finding out they are having problems... defective some how.

Amazing how that works... single for so long you feel defective in that you can't sustain a relationship. You finally find your other half and you find out you're defective in yet other ways... correctible yes, but still.

maybe they should take fewer patients and just refer people for a while...