Friday, May 29, 2009

Some things work out...

We finally caught a break this week. The pool started acting up last week, some kind of switch needed to be replaced at the very least and the pumps weren't working properly.

It would have taken a week and a half for the Leslie's guy to come out but JP got a hold of Richard's pool guy and he fixed it for free yesterday.

The switch has a three year warrenty so the guy just changed it out and he'll claim the replacement part and he just goes forward with it and didn't charge for his time 'cause since he knows what he's doing it was like less than 30 minutes. Wow.

We were sure we were looking at a bill of a least a couple hundred.

Nice.

I leave shortly for yet another test. This is just a baseline bloodwork and ultra sound so I'm hoping to be back very quickly.

No big plans for the weekend. JP will be home late. He's starting a new football league and they have some kind of practice tonight from 5 to 6.

Tomorrow I get my new tires and then I'll head up to spend the rest of the day with my family. Sunday they'll all come down for dinner at my place.

Work continues with the same ol' poop different day. You never can seem to fix anything as interdepartmental snafus always get in the way. I can only do so much, fix my side of the system and then it's got to be someone elses responsibility. It's insane to always assume this department is wrong and accounting is always correct. Bull. Especially when so many times it's simply they haven't used the corrected information provided with no explanation given.

*sigh*

I'm going to post some pictures of Coollum on my office wall. It'll keep me focused to our vacation at the end of September and hopefully make the summer months more bareable.

Supposedly we might have more layoffs this summer. "They" were supposed to review how our previous cuts changed things and then determine if more are needed come summer... so that would mean end of June I think. Dunno... don't care anymore.

would hate to get booted as I like everyone want to leave on my own terms. but yeah... with how the environment has changed I can't say I'd miss much aside from my work friends.

No comments: