Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Ghost of Tom LaMar

Every time something blows ups in KS this guys name is all over it. I think he retired or left the company when the office was centralized in Houston. But boyhowdy I'm constantly cleaning up his messes.

And it never fails when I have to sit down with the attorney and they want a name of someone to blame, all I can tell them is it's this guy whose long since left the company.

*snort*

I'm sure some time down the road some poor soul will be saying the same thing about my work. Maybe I should leave little notes in the file, "It seemed like a good idea at the time!"


Today is Sushi Happy Hour! That means it's going to be a slow going day. Theresa won't be joining us as she's picking up her new (for her) car. Hers was hit post Ike by someone who didn't understand that you treat a flashing signal as a 4 way stop. They also fled the scene.

The car, though driveable, was totaled due to the age and the fact that the hood would no longer be able to latch. So, she found a slightly used Honda Civic Hybrid. It's a silver 2007 with less than 15K miles on it. She's meeting the people at her house this afternoon as they offered to bring it into the city for her. She went with Honda of Katy after I told her how nice & good they are out there.

Well, here's hoping the day passes quickly and productively. Got too much to do and not enough hours in the work day... I'm not THAT dedicated where I'll work past my time or take anything home. No.Thank.You.

No comments: