Saturday, September 13, 2008

One of the lucky ones...

We're okay!

The wind started to really pick up around 3am sending both cats into a tizzy. By four the power was out and we could hear stuff smack into the fence in the back.

I'd say for us the high winds and driving rain lasted until sometime around 6am. After that it moved through quick enough that all of us, cats included could sleep. Miss Keiko hunkered down under the bed and would not share the space with anyone.

around 7 am the power came back on and when we got up about 9 or 10 we still had power and full water pressure.

Cable and the phones came back up about 5pm... but the water pressure is dropping, which is odd. I don't know if it's just getting taxed or what.

For now my office is closed on Monday. Downtown took a massive beating and it doesn't sound like Greenway 5 has power.

ARound us several people don't have power and none of the stores do. Should be interesting. JP leaves for Norway tomorrow so my meager rations of soup will last me no problems.

Our house is fine. We've lost a limb to a small shrub and that's it. Our neighobr however had some of those fake shutters ripped off his house and lost more shrubs... I think his house sheilded ours a bit.

Anyway... more later I'm sure... I think Frank might come over later for food and a shower as his apartment had the roof ripped off and all his stuff is soaked. Not good.

2 comments:

The Ecomaker said...

thank goodness that you guys are okay! I've heard from other people in the higher grounds of Texas say that officials were telling you to get out or just end up writing your SSN on your arm so that they can identify you easier. -.- I am not trusting what he said though because he likes to make me thing things are true all the time. Anyway glad you guys are alright. Now for the long clean up ahead. *hugs*

Jess. R. said...

Glad you guys are ok!