Thursday, September 18, 2008

Home again home again...

Another work day finished... and happily I found my snapfish order for my Fiji pictures on my door step.

Since JP is going to be gone until Saturday afternoon I now have something to do on Friday night. I have already purchased the photo album and a few decorative pieces. I'll need to see about paper etc. I meant to see if I had any left and then Ike came to town.

Speaking of, a Hobby Lobby has opened within walking distance of the house. Excellent. Tee hee!

Tomorrow several people will be out of the office to deal with various issues. The boss is gone because she's still without power and going out of town. Theresa is gone because the adjuster is coming regarding the hit & run. And a few others are gone to deal with roofing issues etc.

The saddest story is my friend Y. She has a condo and it turns out she confessed to me today that she didn't have insurance. She had been renting an apartment and had renters insurance. Her father passed away and she moved into this condo that was now hers. back in July she meant to start the insurance for the condo... and let it slide.

So very sad and scary... I don't know what she's going to do as she has roof damage that's caused all kinds of water damage inside. Really not good.

JP called, he won't be heading back until Saturday morning his time. He'll arrive about 1:20 in the afternoon. With luck the traffic lights and gas stations will be back in order. I should check the drafthouse and see what movies are playing... treat him to a flick and some food.

No comments: