So much research... not enough time or tea to get through it.
Today my goal is to get the title chained for a deceased woman's interest. A very very pushy attorney for Yale University doesn't understand how probate works which isn't that surprising.
Before I started working I thought attorney's were like Doctors... had to be smart 'cause of all that school and all those tests.
Wrong-o!
So many just think they can scare you and steam roll you because they don't know what they're doing. If some one starts a convo with ,"I'm an attorney and I know..." unless it's there actual field of expertice just tune them out.
See this woman passed 15 years ago. She lived in New York State. Her Will was probated in New York State. Fine for all her real property located in New York State.
Her mineral interest is located in the State of Kansas.
And what did you learn in your High School Civics class? State are SOVERIEGN. That means they are INDEPENDENT of each other. States Rights and all that jazz you know.
Most states don't recognized each others probate proceedings. You have to open new proceedings if you want to follow the Will or that state's options for not having one.
This guy is convinced that because New York State probate "is the toughest in the Nation," (his words not mine) that that should cover the whole 50 states.
Ummm... I don't have a fancy degree from a top law school. Shoot I went to a state college and was straight on average student... but even I know that's not how it works.
I'm refusing his calls because the last time he was rude to me. Actually told me, "What you're going to do is..." I wanted to tell him, boy my HUSBAND doesn't speak to me like that and you DON'T sound like my mother!"
I cut him off and told him, "Sir, the only thing I HAVE to do is up hold record title for this company... and that's what I'm doing." And then I hurled my container of dried tea leaves out my office door in frustration at not being able to call him a twat and hang up.
Just bad bad bad work on their part. Sloppy lazy work doesn't get you anywhere people! Put the time in and take care of your business! Not so hard, right?!
So glad next week is short for me. Need another little break as September has been rough.
I watched part of the debate last night... I fell asleep. D'oh! But was I half out of it or did Palin wink at the camera?! UGH! *headslamdesk* I can already see the SNL skit now.
Hrm... maybe I should seriously get JP to go work for Bart in Australia...
1 comment:
yeah...ummm...try working with researchers...doctors and ph.d. researchers. The egos are incredible and they cannot for the life of them follow rules. there always has to be a loop hole and special circumstances for them. SO ANNOYING! AND they also like to throw their big headed weight around and belittle. hate it hate it hate it hate it......infinity
Post a Comment